Mission, Vision & Guiding Principles
At Bethel Place, staff and volunteers dedicate their work to achieving our vision for residents by following our mission statement and guiding principles.
Bethel Mennonite Care Services Inc. provides an affordable rental community for independent older adults, guided by Christian values.
Bethel Place: more than a home—a vibrant and caring community.
At Bethel Place, our board and staff are committed to demonstrating the following Guiding Principles in everything we do:
- Christian Environment
- Founded and governed by a group of Mennonite churches, we seek to incorporate their Christian heritage and faith to compassionately meet the needs of residents. We welcome all people regardless of faith tradition.
- Faithful Stewardship
- We prudently manage, and use to our best advantage, the resources entrusted to us as a non-profit organization in order to ensure our facilities and services are functional, attractive and sustainable.
- We are committed to providing affordable rental opportunities to older adults with a range of incomes.
- We offer rental opportunities to applicants who are able to manage day-to-day living tasks, utilizing community and/or private supports when needed. When independent living becomes more challenging, we facilitate services and support residents in making transitions to appropriate levels of care.
- Excellence in Service
- We provide quality services to residents, while striving for continuous improvement, through qualified and dedicated staff and volunteers. We facilitate additional services through partnerships with residents, families, supporting churches and valued community partners.
- We believe all residents, volunteers, staff and caregivers play a vital role in creating a safe and supportive environment.
- We respect and appreciate the individuality, experience and wisdom of those we serve. We strive to help residents live each day as fully and as independently as possible, and actively contribute to the life of the community.
- We deal honestly, transparently, respectfully and in compliance with legal and business standards with residents, staff, volunteers, suppliers and other organizations with which we partner.