Mental Health and Mindfulness
At Bethel Place we are taking time to take care of our mental health. One way to be kind to ourselves is through mindfulness.
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not be overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. Mindfulness can fill your everyday moments.
- Downtime. It’s easy to find five minutes to check in with yourself and take a deep breath.
- Listen when people speak. Active listening anchors you in the present moment.
- Connect with nature. Walking outside is a great way to connect to the natural world.
- Practicing gratitude. Thoughts and words of gratitude throughout the day can positively impact your mental health.
- Mindful eating. Pay close attention to the taste, texture, and smell of your food during meals.
- Breathing exercises. Take short breaks to focus on your breath and calm your mind.
- Body scanning. Occasionally scan your body for tension and release it.
- Digital detoxing. Set aside time each day to put down your phone and connect with yourself.
- Mindful showering. Focus on the sensations of the water and the warmth during your shower.
- Mindful breathing. Practice deep, intentional breathing throughout the day.